HIGHLIGHTS OF EPHESUS
City’s history dates back to the 10th century BC. Once-port town was one of the most important trade, economy, culture and religion centers in its time, and had its golden age during the Roman era in the 2nd century AD.
The ruins designated to UNESCO World Heritage Site include
- Picturesque Celsus Library: Considered to be one of the only remaining examples of ancient world libraries with its magnificent architecture.
- Antique Theater: Well preserved theater with a capacity of 25000 spectators is believed to be one of the largest theaters in the ancient world. This is also the place where once the icon sellers rebelled
- Terrace Houses: Houses constructed for the prominent people of Ephesus were two storey houses which clearly reflected the wealth of their owners. You will see part of the remaining colored mosaics on the floor, marble walls and frescoes on the walls depicting mythological scenes. It is important to say that it is understood that there were fountains and central heating systems in the houses.
Besides the above highlights, 2 agoras and several major bath complexes contribute to make Ephesus quite charming and a must-see place in Türkiye.
During this tour, you will also visit the charming village of Şirince and the House of Virgin Mary, an important biblical site.
- House of Virgin Mary: House of Virgin Mary is considered to be the Christian pilgrimage site since 1967 when Pope Paul VI visited the house. It is believed that St John brought Virgin Mary to Ephesus after Jesus died.
- Şirince Village: This former Greek village which was famous with fig production in the 19th century, was abandoned after the famous forced migration that took place in 1923 when Greeks in Turkey were relocated to modern Greece and the Turks in Greece were relocated to Turkey.
VAT / Museum entrance fees / Meals / Tips
Private guidance by a professional tour guide / Luxury vehicle with A/C / Professional driver / Parking fees
From our gallery